Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas Card - January 2008




January 2008 was a dark, wet, and cold month, but not one without joy! It was definitely a month dedicated to learning about and preparing for Mr. Christian Peter.

Dan and I attended our birthing class, in which we watched graphic movies of women in various stages of labor and delivery. I think it was at that point that I became intensely aware of my 'condition' and that, yes, I too would be going through labor. It was a scary realization. I think I forgot about why (the baby!) and succumbed to anxiety about the unknown. We also learned baby CPR and how to care for a newborn using baby dolls. It helped conceptually but not in reality I think.

On the lighter side, I went with friends to register for baby things, which was fun but also a bit overwhelming. But, my mother's friends threw me my first baby shower so I was able to see the things I had chosen. I was so grateful for everyone's generosity! Babies, who happened to be very small people, need a lot of stuff. Cute stuff, but still stuff!!

Lastly, Dan and I attended a Bulls vs. Kings game, a sign that we were still young and hip - not yet needing a babysitter! :)

No comments: