Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Christmas Card - February 2008





February was even darker, colder, and wetter than January - in fact it was THE darkest and coldest and wettest in 30 years or something crazy. I was getting heavier and Christian's foot started kicking my top rib. He was either trying to kick his way out (the wrong way) or was just stretching. The heart burn was pretty bad as well, but that's something I can omit here:)

Dan and I attended some more classes, including one on breastfeeding. He likes to tell people that there were other men there. The class was eye opening and very educational, but nothing compares to actually trying to do this 'natural' act yourself!

We also started going to the doctor more often - almost every week! We didn't mind, especially when the doctor let us know that Christian wouldn't be born with kidney problems (there had been some worries at earlier ultrasound screenings).

I had my second baby shower, which was thrown by the women in my small group. It was a wonderful shower - not just because of the gifts. They were just very thoughtful in the games and program - having all the guests say what characteristics of mine they would wish Christian to inherit. And the scripture and prayer were touching! These women have been such a blessing to me and I love and appreciate them!

I think that's it for February...on to the birth story:)

No comments: