Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Raising the Goblet of Rock

School of Rock touched us all. And now the next generation can learn from it. Dan was certain that the boys would be into the film already, at ages 2 and 4. They feigned interest for awhile. The crowd surfing belly flop in the opening scene garnered a chuckle. But it wasn't until nigh-nigh time and our Koehler boys jam session that it clicked a little with Christian. Dan began playing his guitar, various songs and rifs. Christian got his little one ready on his lap and started singing and playing along. His lyrics were enthusiastically sung with furrowed brows and closed eyes.  Mostly though he lifted his chin and looked up to the ceiling and belted out his song. Here's a little taste of it:

I love Jesus
He's my best friend
Rock and roll
I love Julian
Goblet of Rock
Jesus loves me
You're my best friend

It went on, but I think you get the idea :)

Next time I'll try to post his first dictated story that involves the hero Jo Jo and his 500s.

BTW Julian was into it too. He was bouncing his knees and shaking his head a la head bangers ball but sideways.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so proud of my rocking nephews!